TMT Taiga (Lunawood)
Feature Grade Thermally Modified Timber with Butterfly Knots
Rustic, feature-grade thermally modified timber. With beautiful knot detailing and natural characteristics, JSC TMT Taiga is our feature-grade thermally modified timber offering. With a more unique ‘knotted’ appearance, TMT Taiga is suitable for use across a range of interior and exterior applications, including cladding, interior linings, battens, and more.
The chemical-free, thermal modification process finishes the timber in a rich brown tone, enhancing the knot detailing. It is sourced from Oy Lunawood Ltd in Europe and profiled locally by JSC into New Zealand-approved profiles.
Key properties of JSC TMT Taiga
- This feature-rich timber has light brown tones and “butterfly knots” showing up at regular intervals that give cladding and interiors a completely unique personality
- Enhanced durability and stability
- Low susceptibility to fungal decay and moisture retention
- Consistent, rich natural colour
- Ability to accept darker coatings and stains (both oil and water-based)
- Aesthetically pleasing knot detailing, without compromising on quality or stability, provide an architectural detail
- Easily workable and easy to maintain
- Non-toxic and chemical-free, with a low environmental impact (treatment process)
Uses of the TMT Taiga Range
Supplied in random but typically longer length spread, giving greater flexibility and design potential, TMT Taiga can be used for a variety of applications such as cladding, interior timber panelling, screen and battens, and more. See the information sheet for more information.
For the fixing of TMT Taiga weatherboards, only Stainless Steel fastenings must be used. For compliance documentation please contact us.
Note: 200mm sizing not available, talk to us about alternative STK grade timbers.
JSC TMT Taiga is suitable for a wide range of oil and water-based coatings well and can accept darker coatings including black with a significant reduction in dimensional movement.”
UsageExterior use Interior use
Wood TypeThermally Modified
AttributesThermally Modified Naturally Durable Naturally Stable Feature Grade Multipurpose use Accepts Dark Coatings
TMT Taiga Information Sheet